Tuesday, February 06, 2007

AKIRA

I watched a Japanese Anime movie "AKIRA" by Katsuhiro Otomo, which is a sort of SF action story in the near future world.
Since I've been in Lund, I have had a so many chances to be asked "Have you watched AKIRA?", but I've never watched it before.... It seems to be very famous on abroad!

In fact, it is famous and called as one of the best masterpieces in Anime movies in Japan. At least I knew the title. However, it is not such popular in major level (popular among so called and criticism and subcultural level) .

The visual effect etc. is simply amazing cool. That was my impression after I watched "Akira". Particularly the actions with motercycle are "Must check items"!! I could see why this movie was praised by so many.
Furthermore it is surprising it actually is released in 1988!
Although, some part of this movie was also a little hard to understand for me as it is frequently seen in Anime movies... nevertheless, this is not critical for this movie! Because it is cool enough in other points!!


Check it out!

PS. Maybe it's a type of movie which is favored more by boys than girls...

Official webSite (Japanese)
http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/akira/index2.html